Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Abbey Road Show (Rooftop Part II)

If the Rooftop Concert Series had an actual roof, these guys would have blown it off. I mentioned it before, but I'll say it again... I like the way these guys did Abbey Road more than I like the Beatles original recording. Out come the torches and pitch forks.



I had to split up the video into two parts because YouTube doesn't allow uploads of more than 15 minutes. Here is Part 2:



The video being too long to upload as one file forced me to question the edit as a whole. I wrestled with the idea that my editing was sloppy. Maybe I was just too lazy to make a tight edit that would be more concise. I doubted myself for a while, but upon watching the finished product and re-watching it, I really don't think that is the case. First of all, if I really was that lazy there is no way I would have put in as many hours as I did on this edit. Second - it rocks. Not so much my editing, but the content just rocks.

There was so much energy at this show, and I think that is what sold me on these guys. Seeing musicians perform live has always been a pretty impacting experience for me. I have fallen in love with bands who until seeing them live I had simply enjoyed. There is a dynamic to seeing them perform that really lets you see who they are, brings you into their world. Maybe if I had been around to see the Beatles perform their album live I would have felt differently (although they never performed this album live). The Abbey Road Show had incredible talent, but even more incredible passion. These folks had fun, and it was a blast to shoot and to edit. Hopefully some of that comes through in this video.

Note to self for future vids, we have got to get a lens with a lower f-stop. -D

No comments:

Post a Comment